As Americans live longer and healthier lives, the desire to work longer and foster better relationships — for the income, the mental engagement or the chance to give back — has grown. New York Times columnist and job/retirement expert Kerry Hannon will share her insights into some of the tough questions and choices that come with age. Using inspiring real-life profiles, she will not only offer practical advice for starting your next act, but will help you explore:
• If you should stay in your current job or if it’s time to pursue something new;
• Whether you’re ready for retirement and what your financial and day-to-day life plan should look like;
• How your next career or move will work with your spending habits and family situation;
• Strategies to create your transition network professionally or personally; and
• How to find a mentor to guide you along your new path.
Whether you’re fantasizing about a new path or ready to pursue it, this session will provide you with the roadmap for long-term success.
SPEAKER: Kerry Hannon, best-selling author & career, retirement and personal finance expert
HOST: Johnita Jones, board president, TX Conference for Women and pipeline risk & integrity manager, Exxon Mobil