QVC Next Product Search at the 2017 TX Conference for Women
An Opportunity to Pitch Your Product to QVC!
Do you think you have the next big idea for QVC? For three decades, QVC has launched and fostered the growth of some of today’s most successful brands. Participants in the QVC Next Product Search will have the opportunity to present their product to panel of retail experts—plus the chance to get their product noticed by the world’s leading video and e-commerce retailer.
The application to present is now closed, but Conference attendees may join the standby list by stopping by the QVC stage in the morning. Standby pitches will be heard from 4-5pm.
More About the Program
- All registered Conference attendees are eligible to participate; non-attendees may request a complimentary Expo Hall pass in order to participate
- Presentations will take place between 7:30am and 4pm, except during the keynote luncheon (1:00-2:45 pm)
- This event will take place inside Exhibit Hall 1
- While there are no presentation requirements, participants are encouraged to describe key elements of their product including:
- Personal story behind the product
- Research that indicates a market need
- Target market
- Key benefits
- Competitive products and how yours is different or better
- Suggested price point
Questions & Answers
Do I need to have a sample of my product on stage?
Yes. Presenters should have a product that is in prototype or at least close to retail-ready [from prototype to retail-ready]. See more information on eligible product categories below.
When will I find out if I am accepted to pitch?
Applicants will be notified by email no later than August 31, whether or not their product fits within QVC’s current product categories. Specific pitch appointments will be set with approved presenters in October.
Is there a standby list for people who couldn’t get an appointment?
Yes – a small number of appointments will be available after 4pm to accommodate standbys.
How long should my presentation be?
Your appointment is 10 minutes total, including the time it takes the panel to give you feedback. With that in mind, please keep your presentation to approximately five minutes, and no longer than eight minutes, to allow adequate time for a response.
Meet the QVC Panelists
From left to right: Rachel Boesing, program host; Anna Baker, global merchandising strategy and category development; Christina Pennypacker, buyer, food & cookbook; Ariana Sweet, buyer, color cosmetics & nailcare
QVC, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Liberty Interactive Corporation (NASDAQ: QVCA, QVCB), is the world’s leading video and ecommerce retailer. QVC is committed to providing its customers with thousands of the most innovative and contemporary beauty, fashion, jewelry and home products. Its programming is distributed to more than 350 million homes worldwide through operations in the U.S., Japan, Germany, United Kingdom, Italy, France and a joint venture in China. Based in West Chester, Pa. and founded in 1986, QVC has evolved from a TV shopping company to a leading ecommerce and mobile commerce retailer.
*Please note, there are various product categories that are generally ineligible for sale at QVC. QVC does not sell tobacco-related products, firearms, fuel additives, gambling-related products, genuine furs, sexual aids, or feminine/personal hygiene products. We encourage you to visit the QVC website to become familiar with the types of product categories offered by QVC.
By registering to share your product with QVC at the Texas Conference for Women, you hereby acknowledge and agree that:
- You are the owner of all product information and authorized to share that information with QVC.
- All disclosures are being made on a VOLUNTARY and NON CONFIDENTIAL basis and no confidentiality obligations or legal relationships whatsoever are created by sharing your product.
- Your product will be visible to other conference attendees and you are solely responsible for protecting any intellectual property and other rights in your product.
- You are free to share your product and, by doing so, you are not violating any prior obligation of confidentiality or any other restriction.
- QVC may already be independently working on a similar technology as covered by your product and you may not therefore assert any intellectual property rights against QVC in this respect.
- In no event shall QVC have any obligation to compensate you for sharing your product or to promote, market, sell or distribute your product.
©2017 QVC, Inc., QVC, the Q and Q Ribbon Logo, are registered service marks of ER Marks, Inc. and QVC, Inc.